Friday, April 03, 2020
At Luther Village our top priority remains the health, safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Given the onset of the COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) pandemic, we are working hard to prevent/minimize the spread of the virus. We continue to monitor this situation and use trusted sources of information. Please note the following changes which impact incoming visitors and contractors:
- All essential visitors must wear masks during their visit. Please come prepared & follow the directions of our screeners to ensure the safety of our community.
- Luther Village was directed by the Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority (the governing body who holds our operating license) to restrict ALL NON-ESSENTIAL visits to the Sunshine Centre.
- Only “essential” visits to residents of Luther Village are permitted - essential visits include visits by external care providers, medical professionals, and by family of residents who are dying or are very ill.
- Anyone coming to the facility should be purposeful in their movement. Enter through a main door only. Go directly to the person or area intended - do not wander around the building - and then leave immediately. Wash or sanitize your hands prior to entry and immediately upon exit.
- No other visitors are permitted to enter until further notice and instead are asked to keep in touch with loved ones by phone or other technologies available.
IN-PERSON SCREENING AT MAIN ENTRANCES:
- All external care providers must wear face masks while in our facility and while treating residents. Please come prepared.
- All visitors must be actively screened. Staff have the right to refuse entry to anyone with symptoms. All visitors will be asked to sign in to our log book upon arrival.
- After-hour screening of visitors will be done in the entry vestibules via telephone/buzzers. Please follow the instructions at the entrance to reach staff.
- All external care providers must present and wear their badges in order to be permitted into the facility.
- Deliveries will only be permitted through the Sunshine entry and kitchen. Deliveries to the kitchen will remain through the service entry, and screened by kitchen staff until the pandemic is over.
- All programming, events and caterings have been cancelled until further notice.
- In keeping with social distancing parameters, residents and visitors are asked to stay 2 metres apart from one another.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our residents and staff safe.